Friday, September 16, 2011

THE KNIGHT

I had sent out the following philosophical thoughts to a select few in the past, but decided that it was time to share my insights with the world at large.

I am of the opinion that all women yearn for a knight in shining armor. I know that may irk some of you females out there...Not a smart thing to do just a mere few weeks before Yom Kippur, but, you know me...I like living on the edge.

At any rate, it doesn’t matter if you are incredibly independent, or exceptionally bright and accomplished or if you are the extreme feminist. Nor does it matter if you disagree with me. 


I hold this simple supposition to be true. G-d, in His wisdom coupled with His curious sense of humor made us this way. I’ll even repeat it in case you think it’s a typo….All women yearn for a knight in shining armor – not necessarily to save them, though a nice evening out every now and then wouldn't hurt. And you could probably scratch the armor idea as well. Personally, I prefer well-fit blue jeans and a Harley. Although there is much to be said about a horse…

And so, as another week goes by, I find myself on this Thursday evening waiting for my knight to come through the door as he returns from fulfilling his noble exploits.  Indulgently, I allow myself to anticipate a gallant gesture-of my husband whisking me away from my stovetop and food processor as I prepare for Shabbat, and instead, treating me to an enchanted evening.

A romantic at heart, I imagine my knight dashing in - mentally yet vividly raising me high on a pedestal and treating me like royalty. 
Ouch!  Oooh!  Ouch!  Not to worry….Just burnt my hand on the roasting pan as the man in my life pounced through the door and zipped into the kitchen to give me a quick peck on the cheek hello - while rushing out to the front garden to spend time with…...
his fish pond.

So much for gallant. Who needs a knight in shining armor anyway....I've got my girlfriends...

No comments:

Post a Comment